Unique-project: EqUal iNclusIon of LGBTIQ stUdents in VET
The Unique project focuses on developing on training of VET (vocational education and training) teachers in Europe. This Erasmus+ KA3 project has 9 partners from Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Cyprus, Croatia and Germany. The project will be implemented in 2021 and 2022 in Greece, Poland, Cyprus and Croatia.
- Please help us by filling in the needs assessment among VET students and teachers: https://www.gale.info/vet (before 1 May 2021)
- Help ons door de behoeftenpeiling onder mbo studenten en docenten in te vullen: https://www.gale.info/mbo (voor 1 mei 2021)
Attention to LGBTIQ people in vocational education has been neglected. This project aims to reverse negative perceptions and attitudes towards LGBTIQ learners in VET education.The project will focus on training VET teachers are to openly discuss that are considered “sensitive” in the classroom issues.
The project undertakes the following activities:
- Mapping non-discriminatory educational strategies in VET, taking into account discrimination levels related with gender-based diversity in VET institutions
- Developing e-learning training for VET teachers which promotes using gender-based diversity curricula
- Pilot testing of the training material
- A promotion campaign to advocate the use of the e-learning, using VET teacher and others as ambassadors
The project hopes to:
- enhance visibility of sexual and gender diversity into VET education by tracking discriminatory behaviors against LGBTIQ learners and teachers
- improve the expertise and competences of VET teachers
- to create an inclusive VET training system
The project has 9 partners: AKMI (vocational institute, Athens, Greece), GALE (international LGBTIQ organization, based in Amsterdam), IBP International Polish Association (NGO, Krakow, Poland), KES College (vocational institute Nicosia, Cyprus), NEVETS (Association for promotion of VET, Sofia, Bulgaria), VUA - Visoko Uciliste Algebra (educational IT provider, Zagreb, Croatia), CCI Center for Civil Initiatives Poreč (human rights NGO, Poreč, Croatia), Symplexis (NGO social on cohesion, Athens, Greece), BK Consult (service provider EU projects, Germany)
News and updates
The project proposal was awarded in August 2020. Due to COVID-19 the project started in January 2021.
This project is co-financed by the European Erasmus+ KA3 program. The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.