Accountability of the GALE Foundation
On this page you will find a list of the narrative and financial reports and other formal documents of the GALE Foundation. Between 2008 and 2011, GALE did not have a legal entity yet and operated as a project of the Dutch organizations Empowerment Lifestyle Services, so the reports during that period are under that name.
Formal name: Stichting Global Alliance for LGBT Education (GALE)
Chamber of Commerce registration: 27303077
VAT identification no .: NL8182.19.336.B01
Stichting Global Alliance for LGBT Education
ING Bank N.V., Foreign Operations, Postbus 1800, 1000 BV Amsterdam, Netherlands
RSIN / tax number: 818219336
The GALE Foundation is a public benefit organization (ANBI): donations can be deducted from your taxes.
postal address: Vinkenstraat 116-A, 1013 JV Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Mail: email@example.com. Website: www.gale.info. Phone: +31 20-737 2959
Article 2.1 of the Statutes:
"The object of the foundation is:
a. to initiate, coordinate, promote and take care of the interests of an international network of public relations spokepersons and trainers on LGBT issues, in the broadest sense of the word
The foundation is a not-for-profit organization."
Article 2.2. of the Statutes:
"The foundation shall endeavour to achive its object by:
a. providing a platform for a learning community;
b. providing various communication means and channels;
c. promoting the exchange and development of knowledge in a variety of ways; performing any acts relating or conducive to the forgoing, all in the broadest sense."
Board Composition: GALE has a Supervisory Board model. The director / director is Peter Dankmeijer. The members of the Supervisory Board are Irene Hemelaar (chair), Hanneke Felten (secretary) and Hans van Dinteren (treasurer). The Supervisory Board members are unpaid.
Remuneration policy: The director and staff of GALE also work for the Dutch EduDivers Foundation. All employees are paid according to the Dutch Collective Trade Agreement for the Social Sector. The director has tenure (80%) and earns € 53,204 gross. Since April 2015, the director is the only staff. Due to the uncertain funding situation and the stricty Dutch tenure laws, Foundation cannot afford to give tenure to additional staff. Additional staff will be hired on temporary project contracts, or they be involved as subcontractors. There are no bonuses. Volunteers and interns may in some cases (this is not a rule) receive a voluntary fee or placement fee which is in line with the law and agreements of the host organization, if other tha GALE. Invoices are paid for actual and budgeted costs.
Formal documents and policies
- Tax office satement that donations to GALE are tax exempt
- GALE Change of Statutes 2011 (shift from directive board to supervisory board, Dutch)
- GALE Supervisory Board Rules of Procedure (procedures of decision making by the Supervisory Board, version 28 July 2017)
- GALE Directive on Executive Powers (directive of the Supervisory Board on the delegation of powers to the Director, version 28 July 2017)
- GALE Statutes in English 2007
- GALE Community Guidelines
- GALE Complaint Procedure
- GALE Child Protection Policy
- Model Governance Code Dutch Social Work Sector, 2016 (GALE follows the model governance code of the Dutch Social Work Sector, Dutch)
Annual reports and financial statements: below is a list of work plans, reports and accounts. Where necessary, we also add separate project justifications.
- Narrative Report 2011
- Financial report & Accountants Declaration 2011
- GALE Change of Statutes (from common board to supervisory council)