HOMBAT project: teacher training in Greece, Cyprus and Lithuania
The goal of the HOMBAT project action is to combat homophobic and transphobic bullying in primary and secondary schools in Greece, Cyprus and Lithuania. The role of GALE is to train and advice the partners in Greece, Cyprus and Lithuania. The project runs in 2018 and 2019.
GALE organizes a train-the-trainer workshop in May 2018 in Amsterdam and will facilitate national strategic workshops in July 2018. During the rest of the project, GALE will advice and support the partners and have a role in the European dimension of the awareness campaign.
The project partners are The Family and Childcare Centre (KMOP), Global Alliance for LGBT Education (GALE) in the Netherlands, the Centre for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology Ltd (CARDET) in Cyprus, the VSI Diversity Development Group (DDG) in Lithuania and ACCEPT-Lesbies, Omofylofiloi, Amfisexoualikoi, Trans (LOAT) in Cyprus (AcceptCY).
The parners want to:
- Promote & strengthen the prevention & tackling of homophobic & transphobic bullying in schools
- Build the capacities of teachers & school advisors on preventing & addressing of homophobic & transphobic bullying
- Enhance multi-actor cooperation & exchange on combating of homophobic & transphobic bullying in schools
- Raise awareness about of homophobic & transphobic bullying in the educational environment & support prevention through counter narratives development & promotion
- Research on bullying on the grounds of sexual orientation & gender identity
- Capacity building for teachers & school advisors
- Multi-actor cooperation & exchange on combating of homophobic & transphobic bullying in schools
- Awareness raising & counter narrative campaign
Follow HOMBAT on Facebook