Forum for the Civil Society of Latin America and the Caribbean to prepare the World Conference Against Racism
February 11, 2009 - Preparation of NGO participation in the World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenofobia and Related Intolerance, to be carried out the 6 and 7 of March 2009, in the Dominican Republic.
In the framework of the process of evaluation of the World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenofobia and Related Intolerance, the International Committee of Monitoring to Durban will carry out a regional preparation of the participation of the civil society and social movements in the mentioned process. The Forum will be held on March 6 and 7, 2009.
The Civil Society of Latin America and the Caribbean faces the challenge to generate a process of mobilization to national level of the movements against the racism; to generate alliances with other social movements; to be articulated to the world networks of monitoring and to do control and social pressure to the States to achieve national processes of evaluation and commitments sign for the Conference of the 2009.
The Forum for the Civil Society intends to empower NGOs to monitor thair States on how they they ratify their obligation with the commitments of the Statement and the Plan of Action of Durban. It focusses on Latin America and the Caribbean and actions of the LAC states to surpass thier goals to combat racism, racial discrimination and connected forms of intolerance.
The results of the Forum are oriented to
- Realize an analysis of context and tendencies in a world setting regarding racism, xenofobia and related intolerance.
- Realize a political map of the situation of countries and governments with a view toward the exam's process of the Conference.
- Define common strategies for the incident in the process of implementation of the Action's Plan, on a local, regional and international level.
- Create a shadow letter to be presented to governments of the region on what we expect of them in the Evaluation Conference.
- Review and contribute to cause to the document of States' negotiation.
- Update on the central aspects of the organization' process of the Evaluation Conference.
Download: Registration form (.doc)
Download: Information on the Event and the Dominican Republic (.doc)